Thursday, October 10, 2002

PREACH LOVE : No More Violence II

October 10, 2002

Dear United States Congress:

“No more violence!”

These are the words I have been screaming since September 11th 2001, and yet my government doesn’t listen to me nor the tens of thousands of Americans voicing opposition to a war on Iraq. Presently, you are deciding whether or not to offer one man the sole authority to wage war. Therefore I must scream again,

“No more violence!”

I charge you to vote against the authorization of broad powers to the president to wage a unilateral, preemptive war against Iraq. As an American citizen, I demand that you represent my voice. Furthermore, in the event that you do not vote against this authorization, know that I will work to remove you from office during the next election of your position.

“No more violence.”

What happened in New York City and Washington D.C. a year ago should never happen again, anywhere in the world. I wish our pain on no other global citizen. I want to believe that my country will realize that violence of any kind, “good or evil”, must stop here, with us.

Be strong, feel love, show mercy,

Chad Gurley