Saturday, March 27, 2004

WORD : my key

Sent: 3/27/2004 5:49 PM


i traced your lips with my eyes
in my deep dream last nigh
i grazed your cheek with my fingertip
in that brief unconscious sip
of remembrance of our weeks of passion
our love shared before aborting the mission

i felt your warmth under my covers
in my dream that rediscovered
i drew you within my body and soul
before daylight the memory stole
of my longing for you all over again
but fantasies of once were I cannot depend

i dived deeply into your eyes of brown
in my dream of silent sounds
i poured my kisses upon your body
wishing for that time you caught me
when we swam within our fluid laughter
chancing a happily ever after

i licked my salty tears
in waking in lonely fear
i swallowed my lumped throat
as those hopes before afloat
sank when I opened my eyes to see
my key was no longer there with me

my love won't let go
i wish for you
the same was so