Sunday, November 11, 2001

CHAPTER 2 : snip, snip

Sent: 11/11/2001 2:49 AM

Okay, don't freak out Mom, but I cut my own hair and I think I might have messed it up just a little bit (be quiet, Nez, I did a really good job on your hair, the longer side looks punk, and it's been getting you a lot of attention ;-)); however, I really think that it will have grown out by Thanksgiving. Sorry.

It was just bothering me. My hair grows really fast on the sides nowadays but doesn't grow as fast on the top. I think those little hairs up there are just slowly peering out before they take the final leap. Don't jump. I'll make you longer than the sides. Ugh.

So we have this little clipper-cutter, and I put on a 1/4 inch, I think, I don't remember, anyway, it was going to be really short, but I wanted the sides short remember, so I thought that it was going to be fine. b r e a t h e . So I started on the sides and it was looking pretty good, and then I started around the back, and, of course, once the little clipper cutter goes back there you can't see what you are doing anymore. You just have to feel it. And sometimes you feel it wrong. And that's when a big clump of brown hair falls into the sink. (Along with a tear from me knowing how badly I'm messing my head up.)

So it looks a little punk. Punk seems to be going around with my friends lately. It must have something to do with the hair. Leon had a mohawk for a while. Nez has a lop-sided-punky-doo courtesy of moi. And now I have that, "Just released from the mental ward" look. My God. What are they going to think in church tomorrow.

I have a date tomorrow too. I don't know how much I want you to know about this yet, mostly because all my others have been such flops. (And I mean that in the nicest way possible.) Do I dare spill the beans prior to even going on a date with this person? I'm nervous. But what the hell. You never get to hear this part of me.

Well, he's a really nice guy and from his picture, he's a pretty cute guy too. He responded to the ad I had up on PlanetOut. No, no. Don't go there. ANYWAY - He wrote a nice e-mail. I wrote an excited e-mail. He wrote an intense e-mail (that also happened to have the word "gucci" in it. I wrote a short e-mail. Funny, when did I become such a foe of money? Can someone please tell me?

Then we talked on the phone. And, I don't know, there's just something about it. It's like he gets me. And it's nice. So we're going to meet tomorrow. Sometime before I spounge paint our den.

Well, it's been nice talking to you. Don't be a stranger. Let me know what's going on with you every now and again. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!