Thursday, March 21, 2002

CHAPTER 2 : Connection

Sent: 3/21/2002 9:42 PM

A little tyke in my sister's fourth grade class with wide brown eyes and new white teeth asked me was it different in New York after September Eleventh. I had to stop and think what it must mean to their every little faces. Perceptions.

The shockwave of 9/11 splashing into middle America seems to have washed ashore 'lost'. For I was home in Arkansas feeling hopelessly lost. I didn't know what to think. I didn't know how to feel.

As I attempted to sleep on my twin bed in my old room last night, I kept tossing and turning. It was an uncomfortable night midst the amazing dreams. (Flying indoors.) Sleepless, I surprisingly awoke feeling not lost but rather, disconnected.

I paused before Tara's class, and looked into their glowing faces. I didn't know what to say. My perception to theirs was so very far apart. What was the single fiber that would connect them? What is the truth?

"You know what I want? I want us all to try and get along and love each other."

Connect.