Friday, March 1, 2002

CHAPTER 2 : Table for two

Sent: 3/1/2002 8:46 PM

A well-known actress was waiting for a friend at Le Cirque for lunch one afternoon. It had been four months since she had broken up with her boyfriend, and, single, as she waited, she eyed the attractive men dining. She was somewhat shocked to find to find one of them lock into her gaze. He was so attractive. His eyes didn't move from hers. She blushed a smile and had to look down.

When she looked back up, he was walking towards her. "Would you care to join me?" he asked, extending his hand. She laid hers softly in his and greeted, "Well, I'm waiting for a friend." "Come have a glass of wine with me while you wait," he said smiling. He was so very handsome. She smiled in exchange and accepted.

When they were seated at his table, he said, "Aren't you . . . ?" and she blushed another, saying "Yes, that's me." He looked dazzled and almost chuckled in his affirmation. "I love you. I mean, I love your work. It's brillant." "Thank you," she smiled.

"You know, now I have to go back and watch every single one of your films just to see if you look as radiant on screen as you do in person." He smiled. Very charming. He knew just what to say.

"I mean, I'd ask you out if I wasn't gay," he said taking a bite of his salad.

The actress stood, took her glass of wine, and splashed it in his face. She looked around the restaurant. "Let it be confirmed. ALL men are jerks."

- - -

Isn't it funny that I can see myself on both sides of the table?