Wednesday, July 17, 2002

FLIGHT : Revival

Sent: 7/17/2002 11:35 PM

It's been a long time since I've been to a good ole-fashioned revival and tonight, I was blessed with one at the Trinity Baptist Church in the Bronx. Riverside's Dr. James Forbes Jr. was speaking.

The last time I felt the Spirit coolly raise the hairs on the back of my head was when I was eleven years old and first accepted Jesus Christ as my Savoir. I was so overcome with Joy to feel that physical closeness again, now as an adult. Tingling sensations throughout my body, as tears flooded my warm cheeks.

Thank you God.

Today, as I was walking out of work, a puff from a cotton tree floated down the sidewalk just in front of me. I wondered if it was playing, taunting, saying, "Tee-hee! All you have to do is catch me, and then the words will come again, Chad!"

I couldn't resist but run after it, my arm outstretched following closely behind. Alas, it scurried ahead of me, before a moment it paused. Now I've got you. But just as I put my hand out to grab it, the wind whisked it up and away and out of sight. I laughed loudly.

Thank you God.

"Not yet. But soon."