Thursday, November 7, 2002

PREACH LOVE : comfort food

Sent: 11/7/2002 2:32 PM

The crisp blue winds tonight pushed me, pulled me, and raised me towards the occasional pink reflected clouds caught in a swift stream of their own. I wondered what all the chaos was about as I walked home starlit in a whirlwind of autumn colored leaves. I was coming from a little diner where I had dinner - a western omelet with cheddar cheese, french fries, whole wheat toast, and a tall, iced coco-cola. Comfort food. My comfort food.

Lately, I haven't felt so comfortable. I've been dealing with that guilt that only I can induce upon myself. After many repeated trips and stumbles, I scorn, 'Can't you do anything right, Chad?' and I shudder in my feeling doubt that I can. Granted, truth be told, that is a learned question; however, today, it resonates with my voice, so I cannot toss the blame. Still the feeling remains, and I wonder where my confidence has vacationed.

Trying.

Praying.

Faithing.

Hoping.

Loving.