Sunday, February 23, 2003

PREACH LOVE : sick of it

Sent: 2/23/2003 9:05 PM


I'm sick of it
sick of it

all this bureaucracy
that simply is a mockery
of everyone keeping
their job under
lock and key

sick of it
sick of it

killing so many trees
needing paper documenting
their every moment's history
because no one
is trusting

sick of it
sick of it

some worth determined by a ream
of needless information Ultimately
but rather reinstating policy
invented by
humanity

sick of it
sick of it

I'm so sick of it.


And I'm so tired
so tired

of copying a memo I've sent to prove I sent it
a moment of my life wasted in front of a machine
only ever recording my immediate history
while still seeing a future way far beyond me

so tired
so tired

of reducing my potential to zero
robotically smart not to mention
selling my machine for some dollars
to feed me and shelter me and clothe me

so tired
so tired

of feeling the system cell me
suffocating my creativity
because that doesn't sell realistically
being only qualified administratively

I'm so tired of it.


every day I seem to breathe
information that doesn't interest me
doesn't guide me further intellectually
just immediately recalls a number to write
underneath the pay here amount to be
3-602262

every day I am starving for inspiration
as the grind gets the best of me
a 10 to 6er because I have to be
to get to that dream just beyond me
that seems just out of reach
grasp

every day I rumble files
of colored paper under my fingers
thinking of something to remember
recalling that it's bread and butter
feeling life hiccup and stutter
and I really have to stop and wonder
why

every day Truly I'm blessed
that I'm really not that dumb
(and you don't have to pardon the pun)
in order to pay for a sum
to get me to where I begun
today


so although this cell leaves me pissed
I guess this is just the way things is
for now
today