Saturday, November 1, 2003

WORD : coping skills

Sent: 11/1/2003 2:44 AM

Oh Tig, I hear you on this one. One thing that I have begun: I started having dates with God. A night out of the week. Just me and Him. Often Wwe'd go out. I would just allow my being to carry me where it may on a date night around the city. I take a step out. I look up at the stars. I wonder upon Mars. The moon would blare out of sight, and thus my journey began. My date with God. I start out just meditating, praying, talking to Him, and then I'll travel off on the thoughts He leads me. Wwe seem to twist and turn around issues. Wwe love. Suddenly, it seems, I would notice something or someone and be guided. Perhaps it was a playing card lying on the street facing an ace of hearts. Or a balloon happening past me. And yet, I am amazed at how often it leads to someone who is in need. Someone who needs to be heard. And even if it's a simple conversation about life and what's getting them down, they smile. Things are better. And the night rolls on. Those dates with God prove the most amazing nights. I don't try. I don't push it. I just let it happen. And when I fall deeply in the Spirit, He shows me the most amazing things in the most amazing people. I blessed.

And goodness, I don't know if it makes sense, but it's my own addition. God bless Tig's for leading me here. =)