Saturday, November 1, 2003

WORD : so how you've been?

Sent: 11/1/2003 3:49 AM

So how you've been?

That's a question I've been hearing a lot lately.

So how you've been?

I try to smile and say I'm doing alright, but I'm quite transparent and all my lies seen through.

So so. Okay, so no.

I haven't been doing so good. I've been quite depressed. And honestly, That's a word I hate to read, hear, see or type. But it's true.

Two years after the September 11th, and I had to stop and look around and wonder, where was I, and what was going on? A toddler in recognition. You see, September 11th woke me from a slumber. And I'm grateful. Yet two years later, and what has changed? About me? About the world? Was anything getting better? Where we moving towards love? Loving me. Loving others. And I got so sad that I thought it hadn't.

I opened my eyes to recognize me still grazing. I am simply surviving. I am one of the head. Herd. Heard? Dangling multi-colored lettuce leaves with shine of worth, enslaved from our birth. Some starve as it's out of reach. Other people die because of the gluttony of it. We're almost forced to worship it. It supplies all our needs.

There is a game we play. There is an illusion before our eyes. And we believe it.

I opened my eyes to recognize the world suffering. People dying daily at someone else's hand. Power plays. Military games. Occupation lies. Statues to be built of hate degrading me. Worthless jobs encouraging the economy. Guns in everyone's hands. Blood money on everyone's hands. And I'm so damn close to mourning America, for it so close to lost. Cattle grazing mindlessly, just like me, just waiting for it to be over with. Just get it over with.

Will my life wait so long? There is reality before my eyes. And I believe it.

My life is this
There is only one me
Only one me now
So my time is precious
There is this moment
And my freedom is Heaven sent


And yet again, So how you've been?

Well, I'm realizing that I'm, we're, the world's reaching a head. Ahead. We're becoming aware. Blubbering. Then bubbling. Then burst. We'll speak.

Then do.