Tuesday, September 18, 2001

BEGINNINGS : Heart

Sent: 9/19/2001 2:11 AM

I only write what's on my heart, so I hope you'll forgive me if you are at all sensitive to what it's saying.

"What a difference a day makes - just 24 little hours ago."

It's a line from a song off the Run Lola Run movie score. Unfortunately, it isn't on the CD, but I hear it in my head, so it's okay.

My night last night was most unusual. After getting in a discussion, that crouched on heated, with my professor of the Structure and Style writing class I was taking, I was a little depressed. Depressed mostly because I felt like I was being misunderstood. Frustrated because I didn't know how to help him see my perspective. But content on the fact that we were to learn something from one another during the conversation.

I left feeling a little sad though. And I walked through the New York City streets wanting everyone around me to NOT feel the sadness that I felt. Everyone should be feeling joy, is what I assumed. And so I spent the entire evening getting home. It took me three hours to get home last night, but they were the best three hours of my life so far. And all because of some strangers that I got to know along the way. Very wonderful.

I love you all! God bless,