Saturday, February 16, 2002

CHAPTER 2 : Frown to Smile

Sent: 2/16/2002 9:41 PM

Thank God for good friends. You know?

My tuneless week ended on a good note thanks to my best friend and roommate Leon. Frown to Smile. Last night, we ordered a pizza and had an all-out, get your feelings on the kitchen table, bitching session about our horrible weeks at work (what a relief to get some of THAT off my chest), then contemplated crashing the party that was going on next door ("LTS PARTY" magic markered across a sheet of typing paper was stuck to his door), then (after deciding that since we weren't invited to his little 'lts party' that it must be boring) watched a movie. It may not sound like the most happenin' night of the year, but I have to say, I had a damn good time.

If you live in New York, were you outside today? I hope so, because it was like a beautiful spring day. The sun was so warm and the breezes were only slightly chilled. Crystal clear bright. It was a very bright, clear day. Today, Leon and I went to the park and walked around letting our feet carry us where they will. We played like we were fourth graders whose moms dropped them off at the park to play for the afternoon. Over fences. Up rocks. Down grass.

Leon suffered a scar from trying to climb a big birch tree. I was his boost. =)

He is my boost.

Again, thank God for good friends!