Tuesday, February 26, 2002

CHAPTER 2 : Slow down!!!

Sent: 2/26/2002 1:27 PM

It was Friday night, a little after 12:00 a.m. Leon, 'Sunbeam' , and I piled into a cab after briefly visiting a lounge in the Flat-Iron district. After giving our cabby the directions, off he sped us towards our destination. Racing.

Somewhere along the way, at car-chasing speeds, our cab came to a screeching halt behind a car who had pulled over to the side of the road. Leon, Sunbeam and I, all went crashing into the plastic wall separating us from the driver. Our cabby was fuming. His face, a bright red. He pulled up next to the other person's car. His anger screamed at the man who had stopped in front of us, "Next time you are going to stop, put on your &%#ing hazards, *&#$ !!!!!!"

I couldn't stand it. "And YOU could SLOW DOWN!" I called to our driver after pulling my face from his plastic divider.

Slow down.

Really, what's the hurry?