Wednesday, December 26, 2001

CHAPTER 2 : Merry Christmas!

Sent: 12/26/2001 1:49 PM

The day after Christmas. I'm a little late. I'm sorry. To be honest, I spent my entire Christmas day under my down comforter, fighting off chills, runny nose, body aches and cough with various teas, cold remedies, sleep, and intense prayer. The whole day, rousing from various slumbers, I would think, But I have so much to do. I can't be sick. I want to go to St. Patricks today and see the ice-skaters at Rockefeller Center. I want to call all my friends and wish them good tidings of great joy. Nevertheless, the only energy I could muster was spent putting the kettle back on the stove for another round of teas with honey.

There were times during the day that I wanted to cry in sheer misery of being sick on such a beautiful, special day. It was Christmas, and I was bed-ridden. What could be more awful? Nothing turned out like I had planned. But then, nothing ever really does. That's why faith is so important. And the realization came over me, as cliche as it may sound, Christmas shouldn't be just one day a year. Christmas day should be every single day of my life. The feeling of happiness, joy, love, peace, forgiveness, mercy, should burn daily in my heart, never ceasing.

So, although I physically may have missed the day marked on the calendar as Christmas Day due to the bacteria/virus reeking havoc on my body, my Soul vows to celebrate Christmas every day, for it has never been good at earthly measures of time.

xoxo

all my love always