Friday, October 19, 2001

BEGINNINGS : Awful

Sent: 10/19/2001 5:54 PM

This last couple of days have been AWFUL. I don't know if I'm just anxious because my parents are coming or if I'm just annoyed with everything that's going on in the world or if I'm just disenchanted with the whole dating thing or if I'm just overwhelmed with all the tasks I'm having to complete at work or what. Okay. So, it's probably a combination of all of those, but, nevertheless, it's made for an exhausting and depressing past few days. So much so that I haven't seen my friends all week. It has sucked.

Last night, I got home from work, put in my Jars of Clay CD, sobbed a little, zoned a little, and then went to bed deciding that I should become a monk. Not fun.

Fortunately, this is Friday and the vast weekend looms before me with great possibilities. Mom and Dad will be here tomorrow and are planning on coming out to the apartment for the afternoon which is so exciting for me. They haven't been to visit me in NYC in 5 years! My life has evolved so much since then that they will get to see New York through new eyes.

I must close for now. My friend Paul and his girlfriend Shirley are here, and we are going for afterwork drinks. Until later . . .\

P.S. As for becoming a monk, well, let's just say I was quite the drama queen last evening.