Monday, October 8, 2001

BEGINNINGS : Human Nature

Sent: 10/8/2001 3:44 PM

Human Nature. That's the buzz word I've been hearing lately. I hear a lot of, "Yes, I agree with you, but you are overlooking human nature." Am I? What is human nature exactly? And is war just human nature? Is war something that we, as human beings, are unable to prevent because it IS us? Is that "just the way the world is"?

To tell you the truth, I'm tired of us always justifying the bad things in the world by saying, "Well, that's just the way things are." I'm sick of hearing that "life isn't fair" when it could at least be a little more fair than it is now. Why do we accept these statements? Why do we allow ourselves to stop dreaming of a better way? There has to be a better way for us ALL to live.

Can we find it? Please say you have hope that we can.