Sunday, October 14, 2001

BEGINNINGS : the new american

Sent: 10/14/2001 10:15 PM

“the new american"

Shadows of wings
of missile-clad, military aircraft
fly across the wet reflections
of my human
on the shower floor.

I sigh at what they’re there for.

Black box static
in rich american technicolor:
“deTHpiKable acts, no mercy”
segregates me
from my planet, Earth.

I mourn for Sylvester’s bird.

Shower drops fall
with tears of empathy for my brothers:
friend, partner, kinfolk, lover who
jumped like lab rats
from the guillotine.

I repent my brother’s sin.

My Soul cries out
in pain for humanity, the end near.
My terrified child, bound and gagged,
wriggles escape.
He stands and preaches.

I listen to his teachings:

“Break from shower
shadows! Flush the black box and dry away
your woes! Take from me your wings. To
them give new life.
Set our angel free;

Be strong, feel love, show mercy!”