Monday, April 8, 2002

FLIGHT : Annoyed with the World

Sent: 4/8/2002 7:25 PM

I'm so annoyed with people in the world today. I'm sorry, but I just have to vent for a second. What the hell is going on out there? Is anyone listening at all? Does anyone have a heart? LOVE.

Alright, first off, PLEASE don't send me another letter saying, oh praise God that we have a Christian president. I'll scream! I am absolutely sick of that. So just what IS your definition of Christian? Does Christ's words, "Love your enemy," ring any truth in your ear. You don't love your enemy so much that you bomb them. An eye for an eye is the Old Testament.

Secondly, can someone please tell me what's going on in the Catholic Church? No one loves his flock in that way. I'm absolutely enraged. And so very saddened that things like this are occuring in houses of God. Loving someone else is NEVER taking advantage of him or her, especially their weaknesses. Hello? Is anybody out there?

And, I'll tell you, I'm sick and tired of my America trying to be some big-shot, fucking hot, strongest, most powerful, most selfish country in the world. SICK OF IT! Just who do the hell do we think we are? The Holy War is almost as old as the world itself. A little 200 year old country called the U.S.A. is not going to be able to band-aid that one, or fix it, or solve it; unless we're LOVING the hell out of all of them, equally!

Oh, and another thing, please don't try to impress me. Don't try to be someone that you think I want, because I definitely don't want that. Don't throw words around to try to induce a favorable response from me. You see: I want you to be you. Only you. Don't layer yourself with anything. Please.

Are you thinking? Are you listening? Are you praying?