Wednesday, April 10, 2002

FLIGHT : Happy

Sent: 4/10/2002 8:18 PM

The weather is divine. Today, after work, I walked home through Riverside Park. Off to my left, in a grassy knoll, I saw a couple laying in the sun pecking kisses. Just above them, on the bank, was a guy in a 30's cap strumming his guitar. I had to join.

The sun was so relaxing. The breeze was so comforting. I felt so peaceful. The melody of the guitar just behind me, the moving current of the river just in front. Blue sky beyond the halo of budding tree tops. I felt like a women's commercial, easy, free, and beautiful. =)

Between me and the river flowed joggers. Some of the were encased in sweat, huffing and puffing, struggling down the pike. They were working so hard for 'something'. It was almost as if they didn't know it was a beautiful day outside at all. They seemed so concentrated on 'something', that they weren't noticing a thing.

Then, out of the blue appeared this girl on the grassy knoll. Spotlighted by the sun, she did a ballet leap and spin. She smiled threw up her arms in the ecstacy of the day. Her body looked hugged by the awesome weather. I was amazed. I laughed. She was so happy. She made me so happy!

Happy! What a nice word.