Sunday, June 9, 2002

FLIGHT : Let's Go Fly a Kite

Sent: 6/9/2002 3:01 PM

Just now I watched from my roof, a rainbowed kite soaring high beyond another building's rooftop. I remember the story told to me about Ben Franklin who discovered electricity by lightening hitting a kite which held a copper key. I'm not sure that is exactly how it was discovered; nevertheless, it did make me think of kites and the people at Franklin's time flying them.

The time of no electricity. No television, radio, or com-puters. It was a time when people entertained each other. And a time when each person had to find his or her own form of discovery. And somewhere along time, one way began through flying a kite. He or she found a beautiful way to watch the wind.

The wind is truly amazing to me. There is something so mysterious in the way it travels across every orifice of our earth, and yet so powerfully invisible. I feel it blow and breeze. I know its direction and its strength. It IS there. But my eyes do not see it.

Although I'm not standing on my rooftop any longer, my kite soars far beyond me. It's not much, but it's wonderfully colored happy. Invisible blows and breezes of our Father's holy Wind throw me up and catch my falls. Snapshots could not capture its complete and utter beauty.

Praise be to God! And more thank-you's than could fill Your divine universe.

This is the time of Weather to fly a kite and hope for a Jolt.