Tuesday, June 25, 2002

FLIGHT : it's hot in here, geez

Sent: 6/25/2002 10:48 PM

Today, I finally installed my air-conditioning unit for two reasons.

#1. During one of the hottest, most humid nights of the summer, I tossed and turned in sweaty annoyance last night . So many burning questions ignited my mind. What were the justifications for cooly conditioned air? Luxury or necessity. Too darn hot. Just too darn hot.

#2. Lacking a screen over my window, the blood thirsty mosquitos from the river below sneeked their way into my sweltering abode. My ankles and feet are covered in their red, plump evidence. Ouch. Scratch, scratch. Ouch.

Yes, this air-conditioning box has been installed in my window.

But I gotta tell you, I'm really going to miss having that window wide open, and the cool breezes of drier summer nights rounding my chimes before breaking into my room. Maybe the humidity will break?

It's hot in here, geez.