Saturday, July 14, 2001

BEGINNINGS : Day with JJ

Sent: 7/14/2001 8:08 PM

JJ and I had a great time in the park today at that birthday party. The birthday party wasn't really all that spectacular, but the park was. It was a little crowded and we were sitting on a blanket that Jason had brought. It was a Ralph Lauren Teddy Bear blanket. JJ and I just cracked up. This other crowd was sitting close to us and started playing Janet Jackson's new song which had us moving - a little.

Jason seemed annoyed by something and he and Jason left, so JJ and I walked further into the park. There is a sidewalk completely shaded by huge oak trees strategically placed centuries ago. At the end of the walkway is an atrium. Loud disco music boomed from the atrium as people rollerbladed/skated in front of it. I felt like I was at Skateworld, only in New York and out doors. Fancy moves.

J.J. and I walked to the huge fountain just beyond. Behind it is the lake that boat rowers row around. Couples laughing, sharing sandwiches and the scenery, rowing along the lake have a wonderful time. I don't remember what we were talking about, but I think we were talking about guys. He's cute. He's hot. Ugh, look at him. You know the kind of talk.

Then we headed to the west side to go to this little shop called Chrome Hearts. It is the most expensive rock clothing that you'll find. Gothic sliver necklaces dusted in diamonds. Sliver screw cap lids, for like your toothpaste, were sculpted with crosses. Truly some heavy metal. It was an amazing space, an old townhouse with a fountain and garden in the center. I fell in love with Rachel working at the cash register. She even gave us free jolly ranchers in our bag after we purchased three temporary tattoos - for Leon, J.J. and me.

Very nice day today. I enjoyed spending time with J.J. He seems like someone I could be really good friends with. Of course, I wished Leon was with us, for the time would have been even better. But why wish for better when it's already perfect???