Wednesday, July 11, 2001

BEGINNINGS : Random Thoughts

BEGINNINGS : Journal Entry #4a - Random Thoughts

Sent: 7/11/2001 12:14 PM

Columbia has so many piegons. No, that's not surprising. It is New York, and the city is full of them flying, walking, pecking, hopping. However, it is surprising that Columbia's piegons don't have feet. I just saw yet another piegon just outside the entrance to the Engineering building with only one foot. I guess his cousin, the one with no feet, was off playing in a fountain somewhere.

He hobbled up to me to see if I was going to throw him a few crumbs from my Snickers bar and then, disappointed at my selfishness, hobbled across the way to a guy smoking a cigarette. Maybe he just needed a nicotine fix. Funny thing about piegons with no feet, they worry about grates much like women in high heeled shoes do. He had to carefully watch where he was putting his stub for fear of taking a nasty spill.

Just so you know, he made it across the grate just in time for the guy to put out his cigarette.