Thursday, July 19, 2001

BEGINNINGS : Morning Has Broken

Sent: 7/19/2001 2:01 PM

God, it's amazing what venting will do. It's more amazing what a little lunch will do. I just had lunch with one of the grad students I work with, Paul, and it was so nice, sitting outside, talking, eating (sushi - spicy tuna rolls). We discussed it all - America, hitchhiking across Europe, relationships, SUV stupidity, etc. etc. After dating his girlfriend for six years, they recently broke up. Why? Because she had such a negative outlook on life. Wow. Now that was an arrow meant for my heart. See, he loves her a lot, but he just couldn't be her therapist for the rest of their lives. He had grown tired of trying to cheer her up all time. Of course, they plan to get back together, but only after she takes some time to find a new perspective on life. Granted, I think that's a lot to ask of a person; however, it did open my eyes to just how nice the sun felt on my arm. It did soften my skin to accept the breeze's embrace while slipping quietly by. It did cause me to re-think my journal entry from this morning and look at it in an entirely different perspective. Thank you Paul!

I don't regret writing what I wrote this morning, even with all its moaning and groaning and sadness, for at that moment, it was exactly the way I was feeling. However, it's really nice to be 3 hours further into the day only to realize that I'm healing. And if I'm healing from this depression disease, then that must mean that it's not getting any worse which is a pillow of dandelions to me.